The range of polycarbonate crockery includes polycarbonate plastic glasses that look like their glass counterparts. You would think that it was glass. They have a gloss finish that can fool you into thinking that they are made of glass. However, the plastic version is practically indestructible and can last a lifetime. To get them to last a lifetime, there are a few care instructions that you will need to follow.
· Do not use any type of abrasive sponge or material to clean the polycarbonate plastic glasses. It will scratch the surface and ruin the gloss finish which will leave it looking unsightly. It may be usable but it won’t be presentable anymore.
· Only use normal dishwashing liquid when washing these glasses. Harsh detergents can damage the product or the surface.
· These glasses are dishwasher safe. However, ensure that the maximum dishwasher temperature does not exceed 65 degrees Celsius during the wash cycle or 85 degrees Celsius during the rinse cycle. You don’t want the glasses to melt and distort its shape.
· Do not use strong solvents to clean the polycarbonate plastic glasses. The harsh solvents could cause irreversible damage to this catering equipment.
· Polycarbonate plastic glasses have a sparkling finish and if you want to keep it looking this way, clean it by using a normal dish cloth or a soft wash cloth.
· For those hospitals or institutions that are based in hard water areas, you may experience a lime scale build up or other mineral deposits clouding the polycarbonate plastic glasses. You don’t have to be concerned about this as it is not a deterioration of the material. The lime scale or mineral deposits can be removed by soaking it in a bowl of water that contains a small drop of household bleach. After soaking it, wash it thoroughly to ensure that all traces of the bleach are removed before using it. This process will bring the polycarbonate plastic glasses back to their sparkling best.
Polycarbonate plastic glasses are designed in a cone shape to enable them to stack into each other. This makes moving a lot of them at one time much easier. This feature saves time and the indestructible nature save money. For those hospitals or institutions that have a specific corporate image, this catering equipment can be branded with a logo. Polycarbonate plastic glasses may be tough, scratch resistant and virtually unbreakable but it can still be damaged if it is not taken care of properly. It is always advisable to follow the care instructions for any type of catering equipment to ensure that you experience the full lifespan of that product.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe