With warm weather, a lovely Sunday afternoon is incomplete without a BBQ session with friends and family. Though the trend of having a grill machine at homes is only recent, it’s fast becoming a norm.
But first things first
Before you actually start grilling, there are certain set of rules which you should follow:-
- Don’t overcook your food: It’s been revealed that people who consume burnt or overcooked meat regularly are more prone to having cancers because of the presence of carcinogens present in food which is charred,
- Use a marinade which is low fat: Several researches have proven that using a marinade over the meat can reduce the HCA formation on it.
- Keep it lean: Remove all the fat and prepare a lean cut of the meat. If the meat keeps dripping off, there is a chance that the meat can flare up.
- Use foil: In order to prevent any sudden flare-ups, cover the meat in aluminium foils and make small holes in the foil in order for the fat in the meat to drain out.
Wondering if following such rules is worth it? Well, grilling does indeed have several health benefits. Some of the most prominent health benefits are:-
Marinades can be healthy: Without the worry of huge calories, you can add bold flavours to your food through grilling. Some of the marinades which you can use:-
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chilli sauce
- Tomato Paste
Tasty veggies: Several people have noticed that vegetables taste much better when they are grilled instead of cooked. Caramelising the vegetables by marinating them will bring the best of flavours in the vegetables. Some of the best vegetables to grill are:-
- Onions (red, white or sweet)
Protein: Just like vegetables, grilling brings the best flavours in meats too. Meat is a great source of protein which is valuable to our body. Grilling the meat will ensure that the protein in the meat is not lost. Some of the meats which are best grilled are:-
- Chicken (without the skin)
- Steak (Remove the fat)
- Pork tenderloin
But grilling is not just about the food; it’s much more than that. More often than not it has been seen that families love to indulge in a grill party with friends and neighbours. But for that, you’ve got to have the right equipments because it’s not that you can grill your food anyplace you like.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe