Everyone loves a beautiful smile and clean, fresh breath. They all trickle down to beautiful white teeth and perfect oral health. It is for this reason that oil pulling has garnered attention because it promises to make the necessary oral improvements to boost confidence. This is a great oral detoxification practice done by swishing oil for several minutes every day. Even though it is a practice that has been used for centuries, it has only started to gain popularity in whitening teeth and preventing different oral issues recently. It is a procedure that has its fair share of benefits.
· It helps cure tooth decay. The essential oils used in the treatment contain nutrients and compounds that help in eliminating tooth decay effectively over time.
· The treatment kills bad breath. This is because the oil works by pulling the toxins and stuck dirt from the teeth and tongue, hence freshening breath.
· It heals bleeding gums. The oil used soothes the gums. Thus, aiding faster healing eventually taking care of the bleeding.
· It reduces inflammation thanks to the natural healing and soothing properties the oils have. Considering that inflammation can lead to bad breath too, this is a huge benefit of oil pulling.
· It whitens teeth. This is in the process of the oils pulling toxins from the teeth. It ends up whitening the teeth over a period of time when the treatment is done right and faithfully.
· Oil pulling soothes throat dryness. The oil does this automatically since it works as a lubricant for the throat. It is absorbed and this soothes the dryness effectively.
· This oral health practice heals cracked lips. The oil works in the same way any other oil can work on the skin, keeping it moisturized enough for healing to take place faster.
· Oil pulling is also believed to prevent heart diseases thanks to the healthy oils used. It also improves acne, boosts the immune system and strengthens the jaw and gums by taking care of other oral issues that lead to weak gums and jaws.
More and more people are turning to the practice to enjoy the long list of benefits it comes with. The best oils to use are coconut oil, olive oil and sesame oil. They are natural oils that come with plenty of health benefits which is why they work so well in taking care of the many oral issues people have. If you are faithful in keeping up with the daily oil swishing, you sure will feel and see changes in your mouth. It is however a treatment that takes time for results to show. You might need to go for several weeks and even months to enjoy the full benefits of the oral practice. For better results, you might find it helpful to still brush your teeth gently even as you continue with oil pulling.
Oil pulling has gained popularity amongst celebrities because of the range of benefits it offers. It is an oral health procedure that can make a whole difference for you fetching you back your confidence when smiling and speaking.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe